Fan Code of Conduct
San Jose Barracude and Tech CU Code of Conduct
San Jose Sharks, LLC, Sharks Minor Holdings, LLC, San Jose Arena Management, LLC (collectively, "Club"), the City of San Jose, the National Hockey League and the American Hockey League (collectively, "League") are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, inclusive and enjoyable experience for all guests throughout Tech CU Arena, which includes inside and outside of the facility, and in the parking lots. We are Teal Together, which represents coming together with others in work, play or doing good. This sentiment applies to the players on the ice, fans in the stands and staff in the office. Accordingly, we ask that you please treat all guests and staff with respect and courtesy. In particular:
Respect player and performer safety:
- Do not physically interfere with or inappropriately harass athletes or performers.
- Do not throw projectiles onto or seek to enter the playing surface or performance area (except in the event of a Barracuda hat trick).
- Do not hit or pound on the glass.
Respect the arena and arena staff:
- Follow direction from law enforcement, guest services, security personnel and all other arena staff and treat them with respect.
- Do not engage in any conduct that damages Tech CU Arena or other real or personal property within Tech CU Arena.
Respect other guests:
- Treat all other guests with respect and contribute to an environment of respect at Tech CU Arena .
- Do not use foul, harassing, abusive or offensive language toward other guests or staff members.
- Do not use or make obscene or offensive gestures, including language or gestures concerning a person's race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin.
- Fans who choose to consume alcohol must do so in a legal and responsible manner.
- Do not engage in any physical altercations or disruptive, unruly or inconsiderate behavior detrimental to the experience of other guests, including fighting and physical harassment.
- Do not unreasonably obstruct the view of other guests, including by leaning forward in your seat.
- Except in the event of an emergency, please refrain from entering the aisles while game play is in process. Please wait for a break in play.
- Do not engage in any conduct that Tech CU Arena personnel or law enforcement deems is inappropriate or dangerous to fans, participants or arena staff members.
- Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security staff member or other event personnel, or by texting 940-4ASSIST or 940-427-7478.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, and vaping are expressly prohibited anywhere on the Arena premises.
- All ticket holders are responsible for their own conduct and the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets.
- Guests may only sit in their ticketed seats and must present their tickets when requested. Guests are prohibited from entering suites without a ticket or pass granting access to such suite.
- Arena staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where all guests - home and visiting - can enjoy the event free from the above prohibited behavior. To be courteous to all guests in attendance, we ask guests to stand and cheer when appropriate with the flow of the game.
- All guests must comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including those imposed by the County of Santa Clara and the City of San Jose.
- All guests must also comply with applicable League and any other applicable league and/or event promoter rules and codes of conduct.
Guests who violate this Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and potential loss of season ticket privileges or other privileges and benefits for future games as determined by Club in its sole discretion.
Club, Tech CU Arena , the City of San Jose and the League thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct.